Winterize your skin
Winterize your skin care
Just like we switch out our wardrobe for the cooler months our skincare regimen should change to accommodate the weather change as well. The change in weather can lead to dryer, dehydrated, cracked skin. That lightweight serum or moisturizer you used in the warmer, more humid weather won’t cut it in the cooler temps.
A few suggestions I use winterize your skin care:
- Swap the Gel/Foam cleanser for a cream cleanser- a cream cleanser will clean the skin without stripping natural oils. My go to favorite is Blissoma "Fresh- Mild Rice Cleanser" or Lira Clinical "MSYTIQ Illuminating Cleanser".
- Keep exfoliating- exfoliating regularly during the winter months is good for your skin to slough off the dead skin cells that can build up. Using a soft granular based physical exfoliant like Blissoma Glow- Good Earth Exfoliant Powder or Lira Clinical MYSTIQ illuminating Polish one time a week is plenty. Or using a retinol based product Lira Clinical PRO C4 Retinol Serum is a great way to exfoliate the skin without the typical reaction to retinol of dry, peeling skin due to the calming botanicals and plant stem cells.
- Incorporate a serum or oil- ingredients, ingredients, ingredients! Get a serum that has hydrating and nourishing properties like Blissoma Restore- Miracle Facial Oil or Lira Clinical BIO Hydra infusion serum. These products are designed to keep the moisture in the skin cells for long lasting hydration.
- Richer cream for moisturizing- a richer moisturizer will help protect the skin and give it lasting moisture. Look for one that contains fatty acids, omega 3s, and ceramides like Blissoma Lift Intelligent Energy Creme or Lira Clinical BIO Caviar Creme.
- Keep the sunscreen- just because the UV index is not as strong in the winter, you are still being bombarded by harmful rays. If you prefer the minimalist approach to the morning routine get a moisturizing SPF like Blissoma Photonic Mineral SPF or Lira Clinical Hydrating SPF.
If you are unsure what products would work best for your specific skin care needs, please schedule a Virtual Consultation with a licensed esthetician.